Mike is a passionate IT Leader championing business innovation through technology. Over 30 years of experience in a variety of Engineering and IT Systems Digital Transformations.
Proven team leader who motivates his staff to excel with outstanding results:
- Director of IT at Atura Power responsible for the IT due diligence and integration of a $2.87 billion acquisition of four major combined-cycle natural gas-fired plants in Ontario as part of an overall strategic M&A strategy.
- Director at Ontario Power Generation responsible for the Enterprise Strategy and Architecture practice within the Chief Information Office.
- Section Manager in Nuclear Design Engineering at Ontario Hydro / Ontario Power Generation responsible for the Real Time (OT) Systems design and implementations group
Professional and Industry Experience
Mike has a proven track record with over 30 years of experience in power and utilities, information and communication technology:
- Delivered on the technology associated with Business, IT, Real Estate, Supply Chain and Finance transformation initiatives including the development and delivery of strategic visions, roadmaps, business processes, technology selection and implementation of IT infrastructure, IT applications, ERP, EDW, and BI
- Successful implementation of a corporate–wide digital transformation / modernization (greater than 15,000 accounts, more than 70 sites) initiatives in regulated and outsourced environments
- Accountable for IT delivery costs as well as determining service delivery model alternatives, formulating and executing on an end of term strategy; defining service levels, and serving as the accountable executive for IT outsourcing (end-to-end lifecycle)
- Execution of emerging initiatives such as SaaS and “cloud first” strategies in a regulated and outsourced environment to create a competitive advantage
- Designing and implementing a post-merger integration program (ERP, BW, and Consolidation system)
- Development, execution and oversight of enterprise-wide procedures, strategic vendor relationships, agreements, and negotiation of contracts to ensure that the acquisition of new products and services remain consistent with policies, regulations, and legal obligations within a regulated and outsourced environment
- Accountable for the life-cycle planning and business planning associated with the maintenance and asset replacements or refresh for all IT assets
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science Honours (Computing & Information Sciences)
- Certified Enterprise Architect