Denise has an extensive background in applications development and operations in the energy markets sector, coupled with strong leadership skills and a proven ability to drive results through skillful cross-functional team building and problem solving.
Prior to joining OSV, Denise was a senior manager at Ontario Power Generation (OPG) where she spent six years leading complex development and upgrade projects across front, middle and back office functions, as well as business transformation initiatives. Denise transitioned into the IT Services organization, where she led a 20-staff team that provided custom application services for Energy Market functions.
Key relevant positions held:
- Senior Manager, IT Services, OPG
- Project Manager/Business Analyst, The SPI Group Inc.
Professional and Industry Experience
Given her implementation and sustainment experience, Denise has a well-rounded perspective of energy markets, with a focus on ensuring a smooth transition to operations. She has led the following key functions:
- IT applications lead supporting front to back energy market functions such as: planning and analysis, generation offering and bidding, dispatch, outage management, interjurisdictional energy trading, meter reporting, market risk, settlements and financial reporting
- IESO IT relationship management and integration
- Stakeholder management; forum and steering committee management
- Business continuity IT lead
- Change and incident management
- Vendor management and oversight
- Quality assurance management
Education & Certifications
- ITIL Foundation in IT Service Management
- Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL)
- Computer Programmer Diploma